Arts & Crafts Directory - Crafts for Charity

Saturday 4 September 2010

Great Free Site

Have found a great free site http://www.freepatterns.com/. Loads of free craft patterns for you to use or to learn new techniques. I found it because I was looking for instructions for Polish Star Stitch and have found loads of other great new stitch ideas too!

Another free pattern site I love is - Knitting Pattern Central there's also a link from there to a similar site for crochet

And if you're into "antique" crafting, there's a fantastic directory of patterns from the turn of the century - The Antique Pattern Library - knitting, crochet, cross stitch, embroidery, lace making, tatting and much more.

I made a lovely dress for my daughter out of a £2 remnant of black fabric, and as I'm not the world's best dress maker I thought I'd crochet the top. So we went into the antique pattern library and found a beautiful pattern for some 1920's lingerie, which had a top made of crochet flowers joined together. We then adapted the pattern and used double knit yarn to make the shoulders and neck line of the dress. Photo's will follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment