Arts & Crafts Directory - Crafts for Charity

Friday 10 December 2010

Folksy Friday - Chocolate and Oranges

Am quite busy at the moment with baby presents and custom orders. Plus have a few balls stashed away to make myself a couple of toasty items over the Christmas holidays.
But with thoughts turning to Christmas, I was going through my stash and saw I had some lovely burnt orange pure wool and a ball of chocolate pure wool. And I started to think chocolate oranges - after all they are an essential part of the festive "5 a day". I started having a look at stitch patterns and found one that gave a lovely medieval / Elizabethan embroidered sleeve effect. Then I got to thinking.... hmmmm but they come in segments, so hence stripes of just orange and the colour stitch pattern evolved and after a bit of magic with a crochet hook this is the result:


And moving on, I got to thinking why not do a Folksy Friday on the "Chocolate and Oranges" theme, so here goes with a selection of items from some of this week's December Elves and other busy Folksters:

          1. Ickle Imogen      2. Moody Cow Designs
             3. Hats and More    4. Unique Beaded Gems 
            5. NofKants Curios      6. Cosmic Eden        

Please click on the image to be taken to the sellers online store





II MCD
HaM UBG
NoKC CE

Would like to add a quick thank you to Cosmic Eden for returning the love and featuring one of my bags on her Facebook Page  - lots of other lovely things there too! http://www.facebook.com/CosmicEden?v=wall#!/album.php?aid=152285&id=323849311169

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Bev for featuring my very bright fold up bag ........I love the idea of chocolate orange being 1 of your 5 a day lol lol great choices....
    Trish xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Trish xx Was thinking that as chocolate comes from beans, which are technically veg, it could even be 2 lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely autumnal selection here

    ReplyDelete