Arts & Crafts Directory - Crafts for Charity

Wednesday 2 February 2011

Introducing the Valentinos

Have joined February's daily listing club on Folksy - with the aim of adding 2 - 3 new items to my shop a week as its been a tad neglected of late whilst I've been doing custom makes, charity orders and presents. With thoughts of true love and valentines day looming on the horizon I was really amazed by the range of gorgeous feminine items on offer today. Being one of life's cynics the whole valentines thing is really not my cuppa but my slowly dying sense of romance has been ever so slightly revived by the selection on offer today and so am going shamelessly girly and sharing some of the lovely pink  and / or heart shaped makes!!

I'm also working on an idea for a filet lace bookmark - shamelessy pink with lots of hearts too!! If all goes well with it, I'm aiming to share it as a free pattern.

Additionally I'm designing a patchwork sampler  for beginner knitters - the aim being to build on the basic stitches of plain and purl and start introducing some lovely but simple stitch patterns. The sampler will consist of squares in different patterns and maybe even stripes, with the idea of making a patchwork -  just have to work out what shapes I need to create and how now! Am planning to share the design process on my blog, with the hope of getting some feedback as I want to use the sampler idea for an improvers workshop, with the idea of turning the finished article into a small pillow, bag or purse.


But lets get back to today's theme - the Valentino's with a selection of their romantic makes:


NofKantsCurio's - Amozonite Heart   

JAustenJewellery Design - Thulite and Smoky Quartz Necklace

Dottie Designs - Dragon Fly Memory Book

Millie Beads - Cerise Flower Drop Earrings  

Laura's Jewellery - unicorn cameo Brooch

Jinja Jewellery - Teal Heart Necklace

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for including my Amazonite heart Keyring / handbag charm today, and the feature gallery looks so lovely, begining and ending in a blue item, with pink in between.

    Loving Jacqueline's necklace, so pretty and Millie's earring, they look like the fushias in my garden in the summer.

    Natalie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks, thanks for including my earrings. I love Natalies heart,
    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice selection...and Happy February - hope it's a sales filled one for all us valentinos.... X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for including my necklace. The sampler idea sounds fantastic!

    Wishing us all romantical sales this month!

    Jacqueline x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely selection, great read too. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty selections...
    Go Valentinos!
    Px

    ReplyDelete